I've come up with some really great treat recipes in the last few months. Most of them are versions of ones I've made in the past. The first 2 require a food processor or blender.
Lola's Liver Brownies
1 lb chicken livers
1 medium apple
1/2 cup parm cheese
2 cloves garlic
(This is best done in batches)
1. pulverize carrot, apple & eggs (shells included) & garlic...empty into large mixing bowl.
2. pulverize liver & cheese...add to veggie mix in bowl
3. Dump a bunch of rolled oats (3-4 cups...I never measure) & grind to a fine texture. This helps to get all of the liver off the sides of the food processor, making clean-up much easier.
Combine all ingredients and spread over a well greased cookie sheet (I put foil over mine & spray with Pam...even easier clean-up!). Bake at 425 for 30 minutes & turn off oven & let sit for an hour. Cut with pizza cutter into small brownies.
Sherman's Cheesy Chewies
2 cloves garlic
2 cups shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar, reduced fat is also fine)
1. pulverize carrots, apple, garlic & eggs (shells included...don't include shells if you intend to eat some...they're actually kinda tasty!). Dump to large mixing bowl.
2. Add cheese & oats (3-4 cups...you can put them in the food processor to grind into a fine powder if desired). Add a little milk if mix is to thick.
3 Spread on well greased cookie sheet & bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cut into desired shapes & baggie up!
Penny's Peanut Butter Treats
1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 1/4 C oatmeal
2 T Olive oil
1 C warm water
1/2 C peanut butter
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix water and peanut butter together then blend into dry ingredients until you get a firm dough.
Blend both mixtures until a firm dough is achieved. Shape dough into an oblong roll, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for an hour.
Lightly grease two baking sheet. Slice roll into 1/2 inch slices, place on cookie sheet and bake for about 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
*These are a pain to make so I only make them for special occasions. I use bone shaped cookie cutters & they turn out really cute. Penny loves them!