I failed to mention that I had already bought a new camera but had yet to use it. It's actually a really nice one, a Canon PowerShot S2 IS.
But it's SO out of my league! It has so many bells & whistles that I have no idea what to do with and I'm so inimidated by the stupid thing, I haven't used it at all!! And it's huge!
Sooooo, I went out & bought an Canon Elph, which is so much more user friendly. And little.
My plan was to sell the Big Powershot on Ebay, but then I started playing around with it this weekend & it's actually not as bad as I thought. The pictures are great and maybe I'll take a photography class or something.
So now I have my fun little camera & my big obnoxious camera.
I was playing around with the b.o. camera this weekend...taking pictures of the dogs on the front deck...fiddling with the zoom & the various settings. The pictures turned out OK.
And I shot some video. Here's what I learned in doing that:
1. You can take a picture while filming video!
2. Pressing the shutter button does not stop the video from shooting.
3. I sound like an elephant when I walk up stairs.
4. I always sound ridiculious when talking to my dogs...not just when I think I'm making a movie.
5. Sherman pooped in the yard (he very rarely does that!).
6. I talk to myself.
Anything I missed?